Today there was a battle in the Hess household.
The topic: Apple's new iPhone 3G S
Just when you thought nothing could be more awesome than the last iPhone, here it is.
Isaac's arguments went something like this:
1) It's awesome. You just don't understand how awesome it is. Now that I know it exists, any awesomeness that previous iPhones may have had is obsolete.
2) Don't think of this as a frivolous personal purchase. This will make me a better employee. Actually, think of this as a business purchase.
3) I have to keep up with Sean
4) Since we're currently DINK (Dual-income, no kids), we can afford anything!
5) I will not be able to think about or talk about anything else until I get one. Every conversation we have will somehow end up with me begging you to let me buy an iPhone.
Isaac didn't actually say #5, but because I know him well, it becomes an inferred argument.
1) It's expensive
2) You already have a phone
3) It's expensive
4) You already have a phone
Isaac won. If you think I'm crazy, please review again Isaac's argument #5 and consider the mental and emotional pain I am sparing myself.